Wenn im Anschluss Aufnahmen der Events verfügbar sind, werden sie auch verlinkt. Eine Liste der verfügbaren Aufnahmen kann man hier finden.
- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Sixteenth International Conference on the Inclusive Museum
September 18 - September 20
Museum Transformations: Pathways to Community Engagement
Founded in 2008, The Inclusive Museum Research Network is brought together by a shared concern for the future role of the museum and how it can become more inclusive. We seek to build an epistemic community where we can make linkages across disciplinary, geographic, and cultural boundaries. As a Research Network, we are defined by our scope and concerns and motivated to build strategies for action framed by our shared themes and tensions.
The Sixteenth International Conference on the Inclusive Museum calls for research addressing the following annual themes and special focus:
- 2023 Special Focus—Museum Transformations: Pathways to Community Engagement
- Theme 1: Visitors
- Theme 2: Collections
- Theme 3: Representations
We are interested in the following lines of investigation:
- No longer the universal individual citizen of our recent modern aspirations, visitors of today are recognizably diverse.
- What is the role today of the reader, the viewer, the audience, the citizen, the customer, the patron?
- The emerging communications environment—in which image, sound, and word are all made of the same digital stuff—affords new openings for museums and new challenges.