Wenn im Anschluss Aufnahmen der Events verfügbar sind, werden sie auch verlinkt. Eine Liste der verfügbaren Aufnahmen kann man hier finden.
- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Time to Act: How lack of knowledge in the cultural sector creates barriers for disabled artists and audiences
Dezember 3, 2021 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pmKostenlos
About this event
Join the British Council, On the Move, and the partners of Europe Beyond Access as we launch this ground-breaking major new study, spanning 42 countries, into the barriers that disabled people experience when accessing the arts.
- How many European programmers are actively seeking work by disabled artists?
- What are the barriers stopping mainstream cultural institutions becoming more accessible?
- Who do Europe’s cultural managers think should be providing guidance and support to help them make their programmes more accessible to disabled arts professionals?
These are just some of the questions answered by Time To Act, the first transnational study of its kind.
Online Launch Event
In this 120-minute online launch, the research authors will be in conversation with key European cultural stakeholders – exploring themes, issues and data explored in the report.
In addition, a number of Artists, Cultural Managers and Cultural Policymakers will share their responses.
Webinar participants will be invited to ask questions of the research team.
The webinar will take place in English: supported by English Language Captions; British Sign Language, and International Sign. Captions will be translated via A.I. into selected European languages – upon request.
- Caroline Bowditch: CEO, Arts Access Victoria (AUS)
- Jo Verrent: Senior Producer, Unlimited (UK)
- Barbara Gessler: Head of Creative Europe, European Commission
- Geoliane Arab: International Advisor, ONDA [Office National de Diffusion Artistique] (FR)
- Maria Vlachou: Executive Director, Acesso Cultura (PT)
- Filip Pawlak: Artist and Producer (POL)
- Sonja Parmentier: Artist, Teacher and Activist (NL)
3 December 2021
- 9:30-11:30 GMT (UK, PT …)
- 10:30-12:30 CET (DE, FR, NL …)
- 11:30-13:30 EET (RO,FIN,GR …)
After registering, attendees will be sent a Zoom link the day before the event.
The study is part of the large-scale Arts and Disability project, Europe Beyond Access. Co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union, this initiative aims to support disabled artists to break the glass ceilings of the contemporary theatre and dance sectors.
The core partners of the project are British Council (operating for this project in the UK and Poland), Onassis Stegi (Greece), Holland Dance Festival (The Netherlands), Kampnagel (Germany), Per.Art (Serbia), Skånes Dansteater (Sweden), and Oriente Occidente (Italy).